I'm almost afraid to start writing this post, but I'm pretty sure it is the kick in the pants that I need. It's mid year and we all have a tendency to slack off (or I assume I'm not the only one) and lose track of what is important to us. I actually almost forgot to assess myself, but luckily Yvonne sent me an email to remind me. Not only did she remind me, but she is also hosting a linky party for all of us to link up to, so we can share in one spot how we are doing. So let's see how I'm doing.
1) Goal: Work on improving my health. Well, based on my picture from lunchtime today...a picture is worth a thousand words.
I'm going to admit, I'm falling short on this goal, so it's time to step it up
a bit a lot. Not going to beat myself up, just going to regroup and get moving.
2) Goal: Finish a UFO a quarter or 4 this year. I am happy to say I have finished at least one. You may remember Labyrinth .
It is my first UFO finish for the year. I still believe I'm on track for completing this goal. I will be working another UFO very shortly and may break down and have one quilted by someone else. What's that saying...there's more than one way to skin a cat. Where the heck did that saying come from anyway??? Who is skinning cats???
3) Goal: Write a full size pattern and two smaller ones. Well...I'm 1/3 to may way there. Earlier this year when I participated in the 2016 New Block Blog Hop by Paintbrush Studios, I shared with everyone my pattern/tutorial for Nautical Compass.
So, with one down, I am currently working with Dave the Quilt Engineer to write a pattern for a small wall hanging and there is talk about collaborating to write a full size pattern as well. So, I feel I'm still on track with this one as well.
4) Goal: Self evaluate. Thanks for the reminder, Yvonne :)
5) Goal: Drink more wine. All things in moderation, though I do remember from time to time to treat myself to a deserving glass of something cold and sparkling.
So other than goal #1, I feel like I'm still on a positive track to completing my goals. Maybe I need to write a non-quilting post declaring a more detailed plan on accomplishing this goal. If I make it more public, I may feel more motivated to see it through. Right now I'm leaving myself at my own devices and did you see the ice cream picture? It looks yummy, how can I say no?? Sigh.
One goal I did not set for myself this year was restrictions on adding to my stash and right about now, I'm really glad I didn't. Craftsy just launched their Christmas in July Sale today with up to 60% off of quilting supplies. Yes, please!
I'm dreaming of a Cotton & Steel FQ bundle and a bigger spool of Aurifil Monofilament Thread and I think I heard David say something about Tula Pink, so there just maybe stash posts in our future...and second jobs. But really with sales this great, we might be able to hold off on the second jobs. So hop over to Craftsy and treat yourself to something nice. (Links to Craftsy are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission should you choose to purchase something. So, consider me a Craftsy enabler, but I promise to never steer you wrong or tell anyone you were here)