Saturday, March 23, 2019

UFO Busting #53

I'm seriously thinking a March redo is in order.  I cannot believe we are already approaching the last week and there is still so much left to do.  As you read this, I am locked in the back room not aloud to come out until my March Island Batik project is quilted, or possibly I'm dealing with some last minute life/adult-ing business that must be handled before the end of the month.  I'm actually hoping it's the first scenario.  What ever the case, I did manage to be slightly productive this week.

I went two sections forward, two blocks back.  Sections 1 and 2 of A Flower Bouquet are complete and the black and white polka dot sashing has been cut.   

However, I have fell behind on the next two blocks.  I have to remind myself to stop stressing about it.  There really is no dead line.  So I will be putting this on hold until I catch up on a few other projects.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

UFO Busting #52

If you were worried I had been abducted by a UFO...worry not.  I am still here on planet Earth surrounded by all my unfinished projects.  The month of March has come in like a lion of distractions and it's time to regroup and get to work.  So many positive things have been buzzing, I just need to figure out how to channel that energy and shoot it like a laser towards my sewing room.  Oh and don't get me started on that hour I lost last weekend.

So my sewing spaces look a little something like this...hit it!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

UFO Busting #51

What's the old saying about March?  In like a lion, out like a lamb.  That's what I'm declaring for my little neck of the woods.  I am ready for some spring, and if that means the end of March will let me have it...I'll take it.  As for my sewing, it's kind of coming in like a lamb, so by the end of the month I should be in full on lion mode!  Here's to pouncing on some finishes!

I've managed to keep some projects moving along this week.  I've start piecing on my April Island Batik challenge project and realize, March's challenge needs be to quilted.  I'm going to have to ground myself.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

UFO Busting #50

UFO Busting just hit the big 50 this weekend.  This is our 50th time partying together and I just don't want it to stop!  I was afraid I would show up this weekend empty handed, but even during the personal life crap happens, you will need to sew.  It's good for the soul.

The only time my machine was turned on was to work on a rep sample for Island Batik using the secret fabrics they sent me.  Unfortunately, I can't show that to you.  But trust me those fabrics are so sexy!  Yup, I used the word sexy.  

My rotary cutter and Go! Cutter on the other hand...the got a work out.  I started the week off by digging through my totes of stashed fabrics, trying to figure out if I had enough stuff that made me happy to participate in Little Bunny Quilt's Daisy Chain Mystery QAL.  The answer was yes, I do.

Saturday, February 16, 2019

UFO Busting #49

This week has been all about finding balance.  Balance juggling old projects and new ones.  Balance in using time for quilting and dealing when there is no time quilting can be done.  The stars aligned and I was able to find a bit of both.

My old--I pulled out a UFO that is on my PhD (projects half done) list and decided it is high time to get it quilted.  Bundle Buster Baby Quilt will be seeing its finish soon.

I'm trying my hand at an all over design and hope that the squarish swirls do this quilt justice.

Monday, February 11, 2019

Island Batik-Magnificent Minis

I'm so excited to show you my first complete challenge for Island Batik.  This month our challenge was to create a miniature quilt no larger than 24" square for the Magnificent Mini Challenge using fabrics provided to us by Island Batik.

Saturday, February 9, 2019

UFO Busting #48

Great news!  The ground hog saw his shadow, so an early Spring is ahead.  I do hope for the little fellows sake, he's right.  We would hate to fire him and hire a new one.  No sleeping for the ground hog equals no sleeping for the Tisha.  This week I managed to sneak in as much sewing time as I could.  I have a long list of things I want to cross off and February is the shortest of them all.

The retreat puppy quilt has been all pieced together.  This makes me so happy.  I can't wait to get it all basted up and headed toward a finish.  I can see me and this pack of puppies enjoying a warm cup of tea and a good book.

Block 6, Garden Inspirations, of Pat Sloan's A Flower Bouquet QAL found it's way to a finish.

And three more little doll gowns managed to get cut out.  These should sew up super quick.

Most of the other quilting that happened this week fell under the planning category, leaving me with not much to show for it.  Everything in its time.

Now let's take a peak at what all linky dance moves you were up to last week.  Since Valentines Day is right around the corner, let's check out this stunning red and white quilt pieced by Chris at Chris Knits Sews.

This beautiful Feathered Star Quilt lived quite a long time in UFO land but that is 100% okay, because Chris's quilt has come alive as a finish.  She recently had her quilt quilted by a talented friend and man did she add some yummy quilty texture to this baby!  Make sure you hop over to Chris's page and check out all the details on this quilt.  If you aren't hit by Cupid's quilty arrow, I will be shocked.

Now let's see what you've been up to this week.  Link up below and tell us all about it.  We want to fall in love with your projects too.

Next week, I will be sharing with you my first completed challenge project as an Island Batik Ambassador.  I can't wait to show you all the fun I packed into this quilt.  It may be mini, but I promise it will be exploding with fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...