It's amazing how one tiny piece of paper, can keep you on track. I started writing this list three months ago as a self test. Could I make a list and actually keep to it without two million distractions? Let's evaluate the list and see how I made out.
1) A Hop For Paint Brush Studios---nailed it
When October started off I had a tote of half pieced blocks. I'm happy to say that a week later I had a completely finished quilt and was part of a very successful blog hop.
You can read about Autum Blooms here.
2) Read With Me--a book shelf quilt--check!
I was commissioned to make this quilt for a Christmas present and with not much time to spare I did get this one finished.
You can read more about Read With Me here.
3) Mini Round Robin--Yuppers!
The only thing left to do on this one was come up with a quilting plan and get it done! So...I got it done.
You can read more about my round robin finish here.
4) Snowman Quilt--Would you like to build a snowman? Yes!
Snow Friends is a pattern I tested for Leanne at Devoted Quilter. I am happy to say with a little Christmas magic I was able to bring all these snow friends to life!
Read more about Snow Friends here.
5) Stay up do date on Meadow Mystery--Who's ready for January? Me!
6) Finish MOD Bear Paw--paws-atively finished it
I didn't really pull this one out and assess where I left off with it. If I had done that, I would have realized that goal wouldn't work for my plans. There wasn't even six blocks in the next section of this quilt. What I did do was piece the blocks of the first section together. So I didn't actually complete this goal, but I did work on it.
8) Finish piecing Pat Sloan's Mystery Quilt, My Secret Garden--All stitched up
She has joined many friends in the long line of please quilt me.
9) Quilt Psychedelic Cat Lady--fail
She's 1/2 way basted and still waiting on me.
10) Charity Quilts for the Guild--done!
Since they were both panels that needed a little quilting love, I knocked this one out pretty quickly.
11) Finish a UFO (any UFO)--a finish sighted!
Technically, all this one needed was a binding, but it had to wait almost 10 years for it, so it counts. You can read more about this Turning Twenty's fracture fairy tale here.
12) Ocean Sky Quilt--nope
She pretty much still looks just like this, but setting somewhere else.
13) Midnight Mystery--yeah, no.
It just didn't happen. Maybe next quarter, guys.
14) Quilt a small gift for a friend--complete!
I was very happy to finish this one. It's one I had been meaning to finish for a few months and had no good excuse as to why I hadn't. Now I do not need an excuse.
You can read more about Scrappy Squares here.
So the over all score was: 10 completed goals, 3 uncompleted goals, and one altered goal. I'll be honest, when I compiled this list I thought maybe I'd get like 3 things done. The list helped me stay focused on what I wanted to complete and allowed me to set time lines for completion.
So I've put together a list for the 1st quarter of 2017.
1) Keep up with QAL's and BOM's: (my list has changed some) So far that list includes Pat Sloan's The Children's Library (Starts Jan 5th) and her Aurifil Color Wheel BOM (starts around Jan 15th), Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilt's Have A Jolly Little Christmas (Starts Jan 14th). If you are looking for these types of projects Busy Hands Quilts has started a link up to find current QAL's and BOM's going on in 2017.
2) Finish Meadow Mystery Quilt: This one gets it's own number now, with the last block instructions coming out this Thursday.
3) Piece section B of the Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt.
4) Purchase a pantograph and figure out a way to quilt it using a domestic/sit down machine.
5) Purchase fabrics for the upcoming Gathering Mystery Quilt hosted by Shelly at Cora's Quilts. The quilt along will be in late March.
6) Make at least two blocks to send to Kat for Covered in Love. The block for the first two months will be Quarter Cabin blocks. To read more about Covered in Love and these blocks check out Kat's post here.
7) Quilt Midnight Mystery Quilts
8) Quilt Crazy Cat Lady Quilt
9) Quilt Dave the Quilt Engineer's tree skirt--ya that didn't make it under the tree this year
10) Finish the Bandanna Bundle Buster Quilt
11) Finish Star Quilt using C+S Fat Quarter bundle
12) Piece a Dog Gone Cute Quilt using fabric I purchased on the QBIR
13) Quilt Ocean Sky
14) Quilt Vacation Time Quilt
15) Quilt My Secret Garden Quilt
16) Finish another UFO
Once again, this is a crazy list, but I'm still feeling quite motivated from all my hard work from last quarter. Will I stay ahead or fall behind. I'm not sure, but we are about to find out.